Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > i just purchaced the maxisys mini and i ...
i just purchaced the maxisys mini and i want to know if it works with the maxi flash pro you can buy to reprogram ecus and ect.

3040 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-05 12:39:46

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Mr Mechanic
    2014-01-31 21:24:40
     fvffv

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-02-25 15:17:19 (Reply to:Mr Mechanic)

No, The reflasher (ECU Programer) will only reflash with the 908.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-03-03 19:52:34

No, The reflasher (ECU Programer) will only reflash with the 908 P (Maxisys Pro)

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84

2015-04-05 11:40:57 (Reply to:Autel Support)

hey support, why can't I do a pcm reflash to a GM cars throught my maxisys 908 pro ???!!!!!!! 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-05 12:39:46 (Reply to:Champ84)

I think the Bi directional capabilities in GM mirror the OE tools pretty damn close. I might be wearing a Tin Foil Hat as a Conspiracy Theorist,  but the Bread and Butter of R&D of OE makers like GM recouping the incurred costs and turning a profit from their software comes through subscriptions sold to aftermarket to access the  programming files, not from getting farmed out for pennies on the dollar from a server of an aftermarket scanner company. I think GM drew a line , Ford filed suit because they felt some line of theirs was crossed, and I think some other manufacturers are considering their options whether or not to chalk it up as cost of doing business in China because they all build cars and components in China. I'm guessing a scenario where  GM detected some software security breach (or IPs where an extraordinary amount of Data Mining going on and intentionally fed Bogus or corrupted data into what they considered to be security holes. The Software Engineers detected bogus stuff , set off alarms and pulled it all till what's messed up gets straightened out.LMFAO
      I was wondering if  the J2534 programmer presently  only works from the Android based MS908P from files downloaded directly from Autel, or will it also work correctly from a Windows laptop from files downloaded directly from an OE site with a paid subscription?

Total1 Pages